Wednesday, March 31, 2004

My Hockey Pool


Aw geez.  The last week of the hockey season is upon us and I had a
horrible year.  Last year, I came in second after losing out to a friend in
the last week of play.  I won the playoff pool, though.  This year,
however I just couldn't get the right mix of players each week.  If you
follow hockey, the Tampa Bay Lightning have been on an offensive tear for most
of 2004.  It's a sure-fire bet that if you have Vincent Lecavalier, Martin
St. Louis, and Brad Richards in your pool, you're guaranteed points nearly every
night.  Unless, of course, I took them that week.  Indeedy, I loaded
up on Lightning players 2 weeks ago as they played four games in 7 nights. I had
Richards, Lecavalier, St. Louis, Fredrik Modin, Pavel Kubina, Darryl Sydor, and
Dan Boyle in my lineup.  The end result?  12 points among them over
the four games.  I drop them the following week and they amass 20 points.

All it means is that my old supervisor is currently 103 points ahead of me.
Despite 5 days of games to go, I know I'm in 5th place in our group.  I'm
34 points behind the #4 person and 67 points ahead of the #6 person.

Here's hoping the playoffs fare better on my pride.

No comments: