Friday, March 26, 2004

My Busy Week That's Hard to Put Into Words


I seem to write in spurts.  I'll have a week where there's 2,3,4 things
a day I write about and then a week goes by with nothing being entered.  It
was noted that I seem to have hit another week like that.

And it's not like there isn't anything going on worth writing about.  Hell,
even if it's just the same-old, same-old I could still put down what the weather
was like (mainly to bug Dreama, of
course) or why I have quiet days.  And this was anything but a quiet week,
too.

So where to start?  And maybe that's the problem.  There's been a lot
happening and I don't know where to start.

I had this problem 6 years ago with a piece of pizza of all things.  The
chef's training program was working in the cafeteria and they were making these
gourmet pizzas.  They were these hugely thick square "slices" of
pizza the size of most laptop computers --and then they were loaded with
toppings.  I sat down with a "slice" and just stared at it, not
sure where to start picking at it to eat.

To start... I bought a new car.  I said it would be the ultimate high for
My Year if I could actually get away with it and somehow I did it.  It's a
used car, but a 2003 model, so the mileage is still quite low.  That, and
I'm giggling like a little kid everytime I get into it --or get out of it and
hit the lock button on my keychain and the horn honks to let me know it's
locked.

*Giggle!*

And today I realized that Sex Caffeine has ridden in my car and my wife
hasn't.  Oh boy...

A few weeks back I freaked out F-Bomb (one of the Co-Workers from Hell) about
"one of us is going."  The HR director was in our boss' office
with the door closed (a very rare occurrence --for him) and I simply told her
whenever the HR lady's around it means one of us is on the way out.  She
freaked.  And, as it turns out, that's exactly why she was here as Whiner
is going --we just don't know when.  Actually, I guess I should say I
don't know when as it's not official yet, but the department getting Whiner
knows all about it and told me the whole friggin' story.  Out of all the
Co-Workers From Hell,  Whiner was my favourite.  But I still didn't
want to work with her.

I've also put my name in for a new job, working in another department. 
It's close to double the pay (which means I can afford my car) and the schedule
is, well, normal.  That, and it falls more in line with the type of work I
did around here off and on over the past 3 or 4 years. I told my boss all this
and although he understands, I think (or at least I hope) he sees that I'm
getting away from the loony bin ASAP.  If it all works out, I could be in
the new job by the end of April.  It kills the whole China trip, though.

I mentioned Sex Caffeine being in my car earlier... We've been getting together
over drinks the past few weeks and just discussing things.  Not as deep and
intimate as we were before, but at least we're talking again.  After
working with the various Co-Workers From Hell over the past year ("Four
Dullards of the Apocalypse" comes to mind...), it's just nice to have an
intelligent conversation again.  I've missed that.

I was warned the other day that my boss was in a rather foul mood and to be
careful what I said and did around him.  I have no idea what those two were
talking about.  The only time he commented on something I was doing wrong
was for not having the hockey game on the TV.  He's finally noticing
that F-Bomb finds everything to be a catastrophe.  All I said in reply was,
"Oh, welcome to my September.  Now you know how long I've found that
annoying."

No comments: