Friday, March 05, 2004

My Rest


I had a meeting last night with the group of indecisive people that last
month annoyed me greatly, with the exception of the one guy who noticed I was
constantly looking at my watch not five minutes after the meeting started.

It was tempting to do the same at this meeting, but I knew I had an early escape
route.  My wife had a meeting at the same time downstairs and knowing hers
would be over before mine --I told her to come get me when she was done. 
It didn't stop me from looking at my watch, but it helped knowing that the end
was coming faster than it would've otherwise.

Before that happened, though, they were actually making decisions as to whom
would be the ex-officio members of various committees and then expected to
occasionally report back at these monthly meetings.  I've been working on
Finance and Administration for over two years and quite sick of it since it
gives me numerous meetings each month to go to.  The chair asked "How would
you like to step back from fina--" When I cut him off with a resounding "Yes!"

And, thus I'm now down to 1 meeting a month --and I'll try and be more patient.

I can rest again.

No comments: