Sunday, March 14, 2004

My End


So glad I went curling yesterday.  If there was any talent passed on
from my parents, it looks like it was curling related.  We played 4 games
of 4 ends each and won all 4 games.  My team consisted of Sweety and her
husband and a woman married to a faculty member.  They used to curl in the
1970s and Sweety curled when she lived in Ontario when she was a teenager, also
about 30 years ago.  Sweety's husband and myself have never curled before. 
We went up against 2 'rinks' (A.K.A. teams) that had regular curlers on them and
beat one team 5-0 and the other 3-2.

And plenty of beer and pizza for all...

It's really sad, though, that out of 900+ people working here, we had 24 show up
yesterday.

My wife was --naturally-- mad at me for going and staying for dinner.  My
parents are down right now and she couldn't handle a dinner without me there to
act as a buffer.  Even funnier though, when she called me on my cell I had
the ringer off and set to 'vibrate.'  It just so happened that someone else
in the bar had the same ringer as mine and got a call at the exact same time. 
I got the call to find out they were going out for dinner, so I met them at the
restaurant.  She therefore couldn't be mad at me for not being there for
dinner, leaving her with my parents, or coming home late as I beat them all to
the restaurant.  All pure fluke to get away with it, but I'll take whatever
comes my way.

No comments: