Tuesday, February 17, 2004

My Spy


With the rumour-mill around work always working overtime on my behalf (hehe),
I decided to start another one yesterday.  I have one friend who's office
area is locked over the lunch hour, even though she's still in the area.  I
visit her every few weeks, but I have to bang on the wall in the hallways so she
can let me into the office.  I also call her Sweety, so the phone call
warning her I'm on my way is usually: "Hi Sweety, I'm on my way. Can you
get the door for me, please?"

You can imagine what happens when people overhear a one-sided conversation like
that.

So, yesterday I decided to send an email from one of the copying rooms. 
There are a few computers in those areas for faculty without enough room in
their offices (it happens).  I sat down and sent out a quick email to one
of the Co-workers From Hell stating that I'd taken care of a few requests she
had.

And that I'd be back in an hour and unreachable until then.

I sat in the lounge and read for the next hour and then had a friend tell me
that the rumours had already started.

I must be up to something if I can't be reached for an hour, right?

No comments: