Sunday, February 15, 2004

My Sore Losers


If there's one thing I learned quite quickly with this job --it's to not bet
against my boss.  He's smart and he knows his sports, so any wagering
really means you're gonna pay.

That didn't stop a couple of My Kids from doing just that though as my boss'
favorite hockey team was in town and there's an ages-old rivalry between the
home team and the visitors.

But to bet against my boss is just a foolish thing to do.  Instead of
offering a simple win-loss bet, it was a win by 2 or more goals/ loss bet, so he
kept the upper-hand no matter what.

The wager was that the loser had to wear the winning team's jersey for an entire
day and if they failed that, then it was for 2 days.  The first kid took
the bet not acknowledging one important factor.

If my boss loses, then he wears the popular hockey jersey for a day.  If
they lose, they look like complete idiots.

And, boy, did they lose.

They wore their jerseys, but we made up signs first stating "I lost a bet.
Please don't hate me."

Poor kids.  Sore losers, but poor kids.


No comments: