Friday, February 20, 2004

My Philosophy


I came close, but didn't cheat on my wife.  The temptation was
definitely there and I'm convinced that had SC asked me to come home with her
one night (or even one day over lunch) I would've said 'yes.'  That
close.

I mentioned a few days back that one of my classmates had her husband leave her
and it started a whole slew of messages about cheating husbands and such. 
I offered my philosophy:

Marriage is like going to a restaurant for dinner.  you can look and see
what other people are having, but it doesn't mean you can eat off their
plate.  Therefore, it's okay to look at other women, but sampling is
strictly forbidden!!

I got semi-blasted for that comment.

But it's true.  If my wife takes a glance at another man every once in a
while, I don't mind at all.  All it means is that there's still some drive
and/or energy in her and it's totally cool if she can look at another guy and
say, "Damn!"  Actually, she'd never say damn, but I like to think
she could if she wanted to.

No comments: