Sunday, February 01, 2004

My Book


Y'know... there's nothing quite as aggravating as being sick and
awake at 2:45 in the morning.  Well, one thing is more aggravating. Being
on page 589 of a 602-page book.

I bought this for me for Christmas and is only unusual because I bought a
hardcover book instead of a paperback.  In fact, I'd only planned on
getting a little something for light reading, but when I saw this book I had to
get it instead.  Technically, it's the 8th book in a series, but according
to the author it's the first of a 2-book series --that just happens to coincide
with the other 7 books.

The thing is, this book just came out before Christmas and I got a 1st edition
copy signed by the writer at 30% off the cover price.  Sweet!  But
since it's brand new I have to wait close to 2 years before the next book is
out.

And I realized that 2:45 this morning.

So, I had a choice... I could slowly read the remaining pages over the next few
weeks and hold on to the hope that the writer is well on his way to finishing
the next part of the story

or

Do what I did.  Satyed up 'til 3 and finished it.

I hope it doesn't take until 2006 for the next part.

No comments: