Thursday, February 05, 2004

My Deprivation


I was discounting Monday's lack of sleep on readjusting to my swing shift at
work. There's a huge difference between starting at 7am and starting at
2:30pm.  When I work the later shift, I'm usually awake until 2 in the
morning or later (earlier? whatever...). When I work the early shift, it takes
at least the first day to readjust to the schedule --meaning I'm exhausted on
Monday night and off to bed by 10pm or so.

And I've been good about going to bed at 10-10:30 this week, but I'm not falling
asleep until 11:30 and then I'm awake by 3am.

It's beginning to annoy me. It's been 4 nights in a row and I'm on maybe 14
hours' sleep whereas I should be getting around 32.

and now that I'm in the office, I'm starting to yawn. Only 7 and a half hours to
go 'til it's time to leave.  And I have a meeting to go to tonight that
most likely will wrap up by 11pm...

And I'm going to make it through the day too.

No comments: