Friday, February 13, 2004

My Block


I've written several blogs over the past few days that just aren't complete.
I get about 75% through them and scrap 'em because I'm just not happy with them.

I'm stuck in a rut.

There's plenty happening around me right now, but for whatever reason I just
don't feel like sharing the information --which makes no sense compared to what
I've already shared.

Think.

Think.

Think.

I could talk about what I'm doing next weekend, but that just seems to be
something that will be more interesting after it's done.

Okay, here we go. A trick I used to use when writing for school.  I'm going
to check my email and see if I come up with anything.... let's call it:


My Reply (for lack of a better subject)


This is only emails I've received at work, so I'll quickly glance through
them so everyone can see the crap I get it.

*Friday, 7:06am Before I Forget...

This is from one of my Co-Workers from Hell.I need to get some pictures to
one of the basketball players today.  I can write about that story. 
I'll call it My Sore Losers.

*Friday, 7:07am RE: Pictures & Gym Reservation

Another one from the CWFH.  Six emails in response to an event held in
our building.  One email with 'yes' would suffice, of course....

*9:11am Your Boyfriend!

WHAT?!!?  Oh, it's junk mail.  Good-bye!

*9:13am RE: Toronto Life - March Issue

From one of my "school" 'mates.  She's pictured in Toronto Life
magazine and the mystery is whether or not we should be congratulating her or
not...

*9:13am An Explanation

Another schoolmmate:

"
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

  How come when you mix water and flour together

  you get glue......    and then you add eggs  and sugar..... and you get cake?

  How come?   WHERE did the glue go?

  You know darned well where it went!

  That's what makes the cake stick to your BUTT
"

I'm speechless.  I think she's showing signs of studying too much.

*9:14am How Do I Love Thee?

More junk mail, but I feel loved....

*9:14am Stealth Tribes

A writer in England letting me know when his next book will be released. 
Sounds quite cool.

*9:23am Cut Over Bread

Another junk message, but I've started looking at these ones and playing
word association games, so.... Cut-slice, Over-under, bread-water.  Hmm,
not bad!

*10:14am Lava Lamp

I thought it was more junk, but another schoolmate, recommending putting a
lavalamp on your desk at work to look busy thinking about things (watching the
lava, really).  I'll have to dig out My Busy Philosophy and post it.

*10:14am Hockey Reminder

Ah, my hockey pool.  Last year I won the regular season and the
playoffs out of the gang at work.  This year nothing's going right. 
I'm in 5th of 9 people and can't catch the 4 people in front of me.  Dammit!!

And, apparently that's it for email this morning.  I'll have to wait and
see what happens in the office this afternoon.

Time to get ready for work.


No comments: