Tuesday, February 03, 2004

My Head Cold


Is there some rule that says if your throat hurts and you have a sinus
headache then everyone in existence has to drop by your office to ask questions
or phone you up?

God, my voice is almost gone.

Can you imagine if I couldn't type as well?  What the Hell would I do all
day?  It's quiet here at the moment, but there's no way that it will last.

My head hurts too.

This morning I woke from a dream where this big bully was playing with my alarm
clock confusing me as to what time it was and whether or not I was sleeping in
or getting up before my alarm.  I woke up and the glow was gone from my
clock, so I tried to go back to sleep, but kept thinking I should get up just
in case
.  I didn't and tossed and turned for quite some time.  I
finally made my way around the bed to check the alarm clock and I had 20 minutes
to go before the alarm would go off.

I couldn't go out to the kitchen to "check" because that would ensure
the alarm would ring while I was out of bed and totally annoy my 'morning
person' of a wife. Talk about Hell hath no fury...

Whenever I get up before my alarm goes off I have a bad day.  I think it's
a mix of bad karma and my feeling of being bloody confrontational.  There's
nothing worse than getting an early morning reminder saying, "you could be
waking up right now!"

Even worse, though, is that Alberta has bailed on our diet plan.  I'm on it
alone now and it's going to be a problem.  I need her policing to guarantee
I'm eating the right foods.

And my wife just called to remind me I have a dentist's appointment right after
work today.

I can't wait until Midnight...

No comments: