Wednesday, February 18, 2004

My Latest Visit to the Dentist


3rd time in 3 weeks I've had to go to the dentist.  That means not a
week in February has gone by without having numerous people stick their hands in
my mouth.

Sounds like a fetish.

I had a permanent filling put on the tooth that last week had the root
canal.  I also had 2 fillings put on the other side.  I hate the
freezing because I always need extra and therefore it takes forever to wear
off.  I'm drinking through a straw at dinnertime and the muscles in my lips
aren't working correctly.  I can grasp the straw with the middle of my
upper lip, but the outer edges are good for nothing, so I had a leering smirk
while trying to have a sip of ginger ale.

I was thinking as I was leaving that I have 9 months before my next check-up and
I obviously have to do everything in my power to prevent anything else from
going wrong with my teeth in those 9 months so I don't have another 3 weeks like
this.  And that's when I realize that it's no longer 9 months away, but
8-and-a-half months away.  I've already lost 2 weeks in this new goal.

I'm set already --I've brought a toothbrush and toothpaste to work to brush my
teeth after my lunch.  Why not?  I usually shower here every other day
too.

Geez, I'm strange.

No comments: