Saturday, December 17, 2005

Nuttin for Christmas

I'm flogging a dead horse with this, I know.... I've been called a scrooge, a humbug, and plain old mean today because my response to "what do you want for Christmas this year?" has been...

Nothing.

I go into details if they ask why I say nothing, but otherwise I'd just prefer family & friends to put their emphasis on others. In other words, don't go out of your way getting me something.

Because it's always something useless anyway.

My wantlist this Christmas consists of a $15 DVD --and nothing more.

Oh sure! There's plenty of other things I'd love (llllooooovvvvveeeee) to have, but I set my sights on a $15 DVD. Nice, simple, *cheap* $15 DVD. Which I've already bought for myself.

Hehe.

So, why would I buy it for myself? Because there's no way on God's green Earth anyone will buy it for me. And, there's no way on God's green Earth this baby will be around a month from now.

My regular readers (all 2 of you) know I've been harping on this for years, but I've also shown proof of this.

So, I bought the $15 DVD for myself. 100% guarantee I'm getting it for Christmas. In fact, I've even wrapped it and saved it for Christmas Day. It even has a gift tag on it to me from "The Only One Who KNOWS what you want for Christmas."

Hehe. Suckers.

1 comment:

Madley said...

HEHEHE Talk about being able to "take care of himself..." (and I'll leave that at that...)

What'd ya get, what'd ya get?!? (I can't wait til Christmas though if you need to keep it a secret! :)