Friday, December 30, 2005

House Party

Hmmm.... Thought I'd be able to handle a post-a-day leading up to New Year's...

I guess Tuesday was an uneventful day, because Tuesday flew by. I have a feeling I was feeling ill and slept most of the day, but that could've been Wednesday morning too. Actually, Tuesday was a "work day" for me and although I'd planned on writing an entry, I just never got around to it. And it was Wednesday morning that I slept through because I was feeling ill.

Fortunately, by Wednesday evening, I was feeling much better which is good because we had a house party to host.

Well, it should've been a party, but barely anyone showed. My wife invited our daughter's friend and her mother to come over that evening and otherwise, only one other family came with the written invites that'd been sent out with all the Christmas cards. That, and my in-laws were there. Not even my parents nor my sister's family bothered to make an appearance. And the few people from my old job that I still like (liked?) failed to show.

Hmph.

Well, I had a good time anyway. There was lots of food and 3 people brought Rice Krispie squares, which so happen to be one of my all-time favorite snacks. In fact, they're such a favorite of mine, when we got married, the chef who made our wedding cake also made me a special Rice Krispie square cake. Sweet. And delicious.

So, our party wrapped up before 9pm which officially makes it one of the lamest parties ever.

Thank God for Rice Krispie squares. And I guess I have a few more names to add to the "screw 'em" list.

[10 posts 'til #500!]

No comments: