Monday, December 26, 2005

Buried in Christmas

Oh right! The whole Christmas present saga.

Well, definitely worth writing about as it turned out to be a good year.

No, I didn't get a second copy of the DVD I bought for myself:

I picked that up on my own, as I mentioned earlier and haven't watched it yet.

Tomorrow.

I did, however, get a couple of other DVDs that I had my eye on. Those were from my parents.

My wife bought me a couple of books, including one by my favorite author. I just read the sequel to it (just came out in paperback) and am nearly ready to dive back into the first in the series. First, however, I have a few more library books to finish before I head back to school.

My in-laws went the gift card route, which is perfectly fine. I already have plans for what I'll get with them. I got over $100 in gift cards from three different shops.

My one brother-in-law, as is tradition, managed to buy something I know I've said to his face that I don't like. I handed it to my wife and she can do a gift exchange. This is the guy who didn't buy us a wedding gift as he wanted to see what we got first before he went out and bought anything. He bought us a coffee maker. We got 3 as wedding gifts...

My sister got me some hockey things. My nephew gave me the traditional 5x7 pic.

I think that's about it and those are all perfectly fine gifts.

Yay!

Still, some "secret admirer" got me the perfect gift....

[13 posts 'til #500]

1 comment:

Dreama said...

Things were slim around here...that's what happens when you move too far away for people to send presents...I bought a router with birthday/christmas money from my parents, my daughter sent me some chocolates and a home video (which I LOVE) and that is about it. I bought a few things for myself - webcam, fourth season of ER. I came home with the 90's edition of Trivial Pursuit from the Chinese Auction at my friend's house. There you have it, my Christmas. My brother and sister didn't send anything although my sister tells me she has bought my present...I'll believe it when I see it.


Sounds like you have some shopping yet to do!