Friday, December 30, 2005

I Go Shopping

After picking up my school schedule yesterday, we headed over to the very large mall a few blocks south of the campus.

I got a number of gift cards for Christmas and am in need of new jeans (2 pair have ripped in bad places and need replacing) and after years of collecting shirts with my old work logo on the, I now have an extreme shortage of tops I like to wear. With a $30 gift card in hand, I got 2 new pairs of jeans, a long-sleeve crew neck shirt, and lightweight sweater, perfect for our "winter weather."

Today, I headed over to the game shop with a $25 gift card in hand. I picked up 'Act of War: Direct Action' for $9.89. I downloaded the demo for this game and absolutely loved it (a big fan of strategy games)! But when the actual game came out, it was $69.99. $9.89 is, obviously, a bargoon price for this baby. It's still $59.99 at the other game shop I checked out later.

The other quest of late has been for the 'Narnia' figures available from McDonald's. My daughter loves them and we've been hitting every McD's we come across trying to pick up each one. We've accidently picked up 2 doubles (Edmund and Tumnus) and are still missing Peter, Aslan & the Ice Queen. It's been fun looking for them and the look on my daughter's face is worth the sometimes long lines I have to wait through just to spend $2.27 on a figurine.

My girl's got a beautiful smile. I'd go shopping for her anytime.

[6 more posts 'til #500!]

No comments: