Monday, December 12, 2005

Stir Crazy

I don't really have time for posting right now. It's a very busy time with a huger workload to get through this week.

Finals are upon me once again. I have 1 done, 1 99% done, 1 60% done, and 1 30% done.... my last day of class is Thursday. Yay!

So, why am I posting when I should be working? (and I do have other posts to share, but I'm storing them for later in the month when I have so much less to do)

Richard Pryor died on Saturday. I always liked Richard Pryor and could even forgive him for Superman III. It wasn't, after all, the worst Superman movie made. So, for the second time this year, one of my favorite comedic icons has passed on.

And what better way to pass on a tribute than by telling a joke as it was told to me many, many years ago:

"There was this teacher who used to let her students go home early on Fridays if they could answer a difficult question. Each question proved to be tougher for Billy than the one before it.

"When the teacher asked how many gallons of water in Lake Superior, every student but Billy knew there were 3 quadrillion gallons. When the teacher asked how many soldiers died in the Civil War, the students --except for Billy-- answered correctly with 620,000.

"But Billy had had enough. He came up with a plan and the next Friday he was ready. The teacher got up and said she was about to ask her special question. She turned to the chalkboard and was about to start writing when Billy pulled 2 ping pong balls he'd painted and rolled them down the aisle to her feet. She stopped and turned. She picked up the ping pong balls and asked 'Alright, who's the comedian with the black balls?'

"Billy, triumphantly jumped out of his chair and shouted 'Richard Pryor!'

"Then he grabbed his books and left early for the first time.

Good night Mr. Pryor, wherever you are.

1 comment:

Madley said...

Hey, that's a good one!

Good luck on your finals, Hoser... looking forward to those stored-up posts when you're done :)