Friday, December 16, 2005

She's Gone, Gone, Gone

A funny coincidence occured on Tuesday night.

My daughter school play was in full swing when I looked across the audience (more on them in a later post) and saw my old nemesis...

Drama Queen.

Her son goes to the same elementary school, so obviously she was there to see him 'perform.'

I kind of expected to see her at the play, but thought the chances were slim as the school was doing 3 performances. But there she was and she looked straight at me when I saw her. Her eyes went wide in surprise and all I did was chuckle and smile.

20 minutes later, and while the play was still going on, I looked again and she (& her husband) was gone. She never came back. I guess she bolted. Geez, sorry for ruining your evening. *snicker!*

So, what do I hear the next day? She's gone. Finito. Exited the stage... uh, 'From Hell.'

Wel, curiousity (and a few LOLs) got the best of me and I had to make a few phone calls...

It seems 'annual staff reviews' hit and they way they're done is that a list of 15-20 people from various departments go over a checklist of job description items and rate you out of 4. With 1 being the lowest. It seems Drama Queen tried to submit a list made up of quite a few friends she had around the office, but the union rep, the people who fight like crazy when things go wrong for you at work, (oh, also a good friend of mine) said it was too skewed and suggested a new list be put together.

It turns out there were 17 people I used to work closely with on that new list. Her average score was 1.2 or something like that.

No wonder she bolted from the play. Even over a year later I got the sweetest revenge on her.

No comments: