Saturday, January 29, 2005

Husbands and Wives

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met."
~Rodney Dangerfield.
I had to use that quote simply because I was 20 when I met my future bride. I'm not about to go into all the negatives in our marriage --there are a few and I'll admit that most of them I've brought about myself. Nope, this is about the positives and what I'm planning on doing for her for Valentine's Day.

I bought a few pads of the heart-shaped Post-It Notes and I've been writing little notes on each one about some of the positive moments we've had in our relationship. The little things that made me love her more and more. I'm going to hide them all over the house on the evening of February 13th and she'll find most (or some --not all) around the house on Valentine's Day. So, in the tradition of the "101" posts I've done in the past, here's one about my wife and the things she's been a part of that make me love her more:
  1. The most romantic moment was when she grabbed my hand and another girl's in Leicester Square in London using the excuse we needed to hold hands in order to stay together in the busy square.
  2. The way she uses obscure pop culture references in the middle of a conversation.
  3. The sly look on her face in that photo from the time we were... 'chatting' in a hotel room in Scotland at 3 in the morning.
  4. Our first date, sitting in the back row of the theatre to watch Jurassic Park.
  5. The way her chin wiggles when she's about to cry.
  6. When I cried my eyes out when our daughter was born. (it was an emergency C-Section and I had to sit in the hallway and wait and see if everyone made it out okay)
  7. Her love of disaster movies.
  8. And the way she heckles poorly-made TV disaster movies.
  9. Every morning I had to say goodbye to leave for work while she nursed our daughter. I never wanted to leave because they looked so beautiful together.
  10. The way she cuddles with our son.
  11. The way she asks for "kisses for Mommy" from our son.
  12. When she falls asleep with her head in a book.
  13. The way she falls asleep instantaneously as soon as she wants to.
  14. That time on the beach...
  15. The other time in the car.
  16. Her devotion to friends.
  17. The care she has for family --near and far.
  18. Her "Look of Death," which I've only successfully used once, but regularly (weekl?) receive.
  19. When she falls asleep while I'm talking to her. (not as cute as the book thing, but I still like it!)
  20. The way she tries to hold in a laugh when our kids say or do something silly.
  21. Her long black hair (even though I always considered myself a blonde-guy).
  22. Her deep brown eyes.
  23. The fact that she's smarter than me.
  24. Anytime she takes an interest in something I like.
  25. Her love of apple cider.
  26. Her "Marge Simpson Moments."
  27. When she inadvertantly uses an English accent.
  28. The look on her face when she accidently turns my underwear pink.
  29. The way she laughs at my jokes.
  30. When she tells me I've just told a lame "Dad joke."
  31. Her independent streak.
  32. The way she sighs when I let her put her cold feet on me.
That's all I can think of right now. More will hit me later I know.

4 comments:

ShellBug526 said...

This is so sweet!!

Dreama said...

this is very nice, ya hoser. As a woman I would be thrilled to receive this type of surprise on Valentine's Day. She'll love it!

Madley said...

This is just too lovely... she's one lucky lady.

Dreama said...

hey! are you lost in love? Been days since a new post appeared...come back! come back! come back! gawd, I feel like I just fell off the Titanic...