Monday, January 10, 2005

Lonely In Your Nightmare

"A vision without action is called a daydream; but then again, action without a vision is called a nightmare."
~Jim Sorensen
As promised, I wnet ot bed early last night since I've been burning the 3am oil for the past few weeks. I seem to be doing all right with 6 or so hours of sleep a night (and I've read recently somehwere that less than 8 hours is actually better for you too). Lately, however, my teething son hasn't been helping with the 6 hours' sleep so it's pretty much turned into 5 hours a night. And yes, 5 hours is more difficult to cope with.

But working into the wee hours of the morning seems to be the better choice. I'll have to write down my "daily schedule" one of these days to share on this blog. Obviously, it's not something I'd write out at home normally, mainly because my wife reading these posts would probably kill me and/or divorce me...

So last night, feeling quite tired and after promising to come to bed at a decent hour --did just that.

I was asleep before 11pm.

I didn't sleep for long, though, as I woke form a very strange dream, not exactly a nightmare, but intense enough that my heart was racing. And then I was awake until almost 3am again.

So, what was the dream about? All I can remember is this:
I was travelling in a vehicle that seemed in so many ways to be like a space shuttle or something. On the 'wing' was a chair (I think) and we were being chased by these gigantic robot-like monsters. They wanted the chair (and one actually managed to grab onto the wing and sit down on it) and were continuing to chase us. Once one of the monsters got on the wing, we seemed to take off higher into the air (we'd been skimming along the desert floor before that). The robot on the wing then tried to break into the "shuttle" but could break through the window (robot-proof glass?). The one woman on board was right by the window and started screaming that it was going to get through the window, but someone else shouted out that it couldn't break the glass. But then, as it continued to pound on the glass, the window began to break its seal from the frame...

And then I was awake.

Weird, eh?

No comments: