Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Nausea Times Two

Twice yesterday I started feeling really ill and at first I couldn't explain it.

Well, I thought it was coming from this email I'd read from an eBay user (add an 'l' and you know how I was feeling) who was complaining that I hadn't followed his explicit instructions to-the-letter (which was true, I hadn't as I misread his paragraph-plus on the correct type of cardboard to use in packing the item) and that his purchase was now ruined. Despite my offer to refund his money, he refused and kept going on-and-on about "somebody else must have packed the item --YOU had my instructions, why didn't you follow through?" Guh.

I'd checked out his feedback and although his is fine, he's pretty nasty with some other people and says they act quite childish. So, after reading a few comments like this, I decided I'd just be apologetic and leave it at that. And, of course, wait for my first negative feedback. Which actually hasn't come yet.

But then later on, I started feeling that way again and I knew it had nothing to do with this guy on eBay. It stayed with for over an hour until I finally clued in to what was causing it.

I was typing in the questionnaire I'd submitted last night and had been watching episodes of a British TV show called 'The Peep Show.' PERVERT? No. It's a comedy that has the camera act as the first-person point of view (in fact, it was originally going to be called 'P.O.V.' but they changed their minds). The camera, however, acting like a person moves and shakes around a lot and as I'm typing, half my monitor is moving and shaking.

I was getting seasick.

It's a good show, but I don't know if I can handle getting nauseous everytime I watch it.

No comments: