Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Block Dog

You'd think I'd have something to write about --it was a fairly busy week, but it's just there's no real motivation to write.

Here goes, well nothing, really:
  1. Missed the first 15 minutes of Amazing Race last night because both kids suddenly needed food. Constantly. Then my daughter asks me "Are you going to watch Amazing Race?" I almost lost it.
  2. Brother-in-law living in U.S. came up with his wife this week. They rented a Porsche Boxster just to show off that they have money.
  3. His wife is a major, major hottie. The 4 of us decided on Chinese food for dinner and she & I went down to pick it up.
  4. I got to drive the Boxster (so sweet!) and when we pulled up to the restaurant, my best friend from junior high was waiting outside the neighboring shop (a ballet school where his daughter was practising). Haven't seen him since our reunion in 2001, so he was looking a little more than shocked to see me with Ultra-Hottie in the Boxster. :-)
  5. My old boss (the last boss, not the one From Hell) called me Saturday afternoon. He and his wife couldn't make the Tsunami Benefit Concert in Vancouver, so off we went instead. FREE TICKETS --sweet!! Concert was unbelievably good and Robin Williams appearing was a nice surprise too. I had no idea before that night that Jim Creeggan played bass on Sarah McLachlan's 'Angel.'
  6. Such a beautiful song, but ranks about #5 on my list of 'all-time fave Sarah McLachlan songs.' 'Ice Cream' is the #1.
  7. Barenaked Ladies were as cool as ever. Still think their best concert was in 2002 at the Salt Lake City Olympics.
  8. I got what has to be the nicest feedback comment ever on eBay the other day.
  9. Haven't felt that good since a college professor compared my term project to an amalgamation of Nick Bantock and Annie Liebowitz.
  10. Good lord, that was 11 years ago...
  11. Last night's dream was finally NOT about my old workplace. Instead, I dreamt that I helped Paris Hilton search for her lost dog. Oh, and I accidently killed her goldfish. I think I shook the bag too much when I found the fish in an icy stream. That girl's gotta keep a better handle on her pets...
  12. I have a very old Yahoo Group that I started back in 1999 for my old business. It became very specialized, focusing on one thing and still has nearly 250 members today. I just banned 2 people for being annoying (one was sending all this political crapola and the other replied to every message with a 'vacation/out of office' notice. Gonzo.
  13. Still doing my other writing. Laid out a bad-ass interrogation scene... loved it.
OK, can't think of anything else right now.

No comments: