Monday, December 20, 2004

My Reading Race

Usually when you request a book through the library it doesn't take long for an answer. In our library system, which is centralized in a nearby town and serves close to 750,000 people, it takes about 3-5 days to get your requested book in or at least a confirmation that the book is available. I got a book last week that I'd requested in May.

So, out of all the libraries in the region, there's only one copy of this book?

It seems hard to believe, but since it took over 6 months to come in I'd believe. I believe!

Also, man!, it's got requests on it so I can't sit back and relax to read it. No-no! I have to have this book read by this Wednesday, December 22, when it's gotta go back for the next person.

If not, then I may have to wait until June or so to get a hold of it again. I almost had a heart attack when I looked on Amazon and they had "used" copies for $26. What?!!?!? Then I realized it only gave me hardcover copies. Don't want that!

No comments: