Friday, December 03, 2004

My Heroes?

This may sound weird, but maybe if I explain it clearly I won't seem as weird. Well, it's worth a shot....

People, in their various social circles, hobbies, interests, etc. have 'heroes.' Heroes are people they look up to or admire, they're people who set the record straight or maintain the trend. Heroes are the 'known' people in your area of interest. Some people say 'idols' and others say 'heroes.' Some Christians will insist that you can't have 'idols' because that means you're worshipping a false idol. Anyone else remember that woman on Survivor: Amazon who refused to have the Immunity Idol in the camp because it was a sin? I'm getting on a tangent here, but it's not a sin to be in the same "area" as an idol --it's a sin to WORSHIP that idol.

And besides, I like the term 'hero' better anyway.

So, why talk about this right now? In the past 2 weeks I've had 2 of my heroes win items on my eBay auctions which wasn't something I ever expected. In fact, the second hero really surprised me and I basically turned into a 12-year old kid all over again! I even wrote a fan letter to send in with the item. I just feel honored to have a hero want something of mine.

I can't wait to see who's next...

No comments: