Wednesday, December 22, 2004

My Lucky Streak

It's weird but ever since I left work in October good things have been happening to me. No long lines at the post office. Newly found money enters the bank account. Friends call up wanting to do things.

I win prizes.

I got a call last week while tending to my sick son saying that I'd won a hockey jersey from the local junior team. Just days earlier, I'd been admiring their jerseys and suddenly I'm a proud owner. Sweet!

I'd been at a charity hockey game that virtually every Canadian had heard about as numerous NHL players were taking part and in a (professional) hockey-starved country, any hockey is good hockey. And that's just it. It was good hockey! Even better were our seats, 5th row in the corner where all the banging and crashing happens. I got a couple of good pictures on the digital camera of Olaf Kolzig, Todd Bertuzzi, Ed Jovanovski and Markus Naslund. One thing that did make me laugh was the spelling mistakes on jersey namebars and on the big screen. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear Drama Queen had found a new job...

Also of interest was that it was the first time in nearly 10 year I'd sat in Pacific Coliseum, the traditional home of the NHL Vancouver Canucks. As with many hockey traditionalists, the opportunity to sit in the old Coliseum was something to look forward to....

Until we all jammed in our seats and realized how damned uncomfortable it was. I like GM Place's seats much better. :-)

No comments: