Wednesday, December 22, 2004

My Interruptions

Apparently, since I got 2 comments between posts, I don't type fast enough (or plain "enough") sometimes.

Well, there's a reason. My kids lllloooooooovvvvvveeeeeee to interrupt me at any and all times. My son, who my wife insists only needs an afternoon nap from 1-3:30 now, sleeps very well from 1:30 - 2:00.

In fact, I've gotten up from the chair 4 times since I started this post and stopped typing another 2 times becaue of my son. Fortunately, for the moment, my daughter's preoccupied with "George Shrinks" and is oblivious to the world around her.

She spent my son's entire naptime freaking out because she found a seed in her Mandarin orange. Once she finds something 'foreign' in her food, she loses all normal body functions like spitting and placing finger in mouth to remove the foreign object, relying instead on 'Daddy' to do it. It's a freaking orange seed.

I even get interrupted when I'm on the toilet. My son screams at the door and I have a low threshold for his screaming and will open the door. Today, he just wanted to play in the sink, but kept insisting I help him down off the stepstool at whim. He's 17 months old, remember.

And there goes another 5 minutes.

My son's also started begging for snacks and has a few favorites he points to on the pantry shelf. But somedays he can't make up his mind and in order to save time, I've started lining up the crackers, raisins, etc. so he can just bring me the package to dole out the servings.

Then my daughter wants me to find "something" for her to do. Playing with her brother is an option I like as it keeps him distracted for a little while too, but she thinks he plays rough. Tell that to the guy who had to rub all the green marker ink off his face this morning...

Such is the life of....

Sorry, got interrupted again... of a househusband.

No comments: