Wednesday, December 22, 2004

My Friend's Good Advice

My wife was complaining just over a week ago at her family get-together that I'm horribly unpredictable when it comes to coffee.

I'm not. I want my coffee, dammit!

What started it was that I was recruited to make coffee for the 60+ people attending and I started philosophizing with some people about the importance of making good coffee:

"You can make strong coffee weak, but weak coffee will always be weak."

Anyway, my wife's complaint was that some days she'll make a pot of coffee first thing in the morning and there won't be a drop in the pot when she comes home from work. Other days, there's 3 or 4 cups left in the pot.

My explanation: Some days I can't get through my first cup of the day without numerous interruptions. Therefore, my coffee's always cold and although I am able to drink cold coffee I'd rather just switch to the caffeine in Coke if I want something served cold. Today could've been one of those cold coffee days, but someone else had a good idea at the family thing.

Just use the good ol' travel mug.

So, although it's likewarm right now, the remnants of today's pot of coffee sit beside me on the desk.

I loves me coffee!!

No comments: