Friday, December 24, 2004

My Green Christmas

I think the last thing anyone who may read this from the East Coast wants to hear is a big *sigh* and whine from me because of our weather expectations for Christmas 2004.

It's gonna be a green Christmas. Again.

It's kind of funny that I recall so many snowy Christmas Days from my childhood because the weatherman says that one out of every 11 years we see a white Christmas. Being --31-- that should mean I've seen 2, maybe 3 if I'm lucky.

But I remember more than that. It's usually then I have to remind myself that I moved a lot when I was a kid and although a majority of my life was in this area, I spent my childhood in 2 other climates that had much harsher winters.

So, really, I think I've had 6 white Christmases out of this region and maybe maybe 2 here.

Still, that's only 8 times in my life that there's been snow on Christmas Day.

I had to write it as I just read someone's whine about 25 inches of snow today....

1 comment:

Dreama said...

We too had a green Christmas...it was GREAT! Unfortunately, the weather did not hold and we are buried in the white stuff now...whine.