Wednesday, December 22, 2004

My Postal Rant

CanadaPost has got to be the worst postal system the world has ever known.

I mean, seriously. Is it really going to take 19 days to get a package to Quebec? If so, then why did package I sent to France and the Netherlands on Friday arrive already? And yet a package sent to England 5 weeks ago arrived today?

I'm happy to hear the postman survived the walk, mind you, I'm not completely annoyed at this.

But then again, my parents --for convenience's sake, paid 10x the regular rate to ensure that the gift cards for my kids would arrive before Christmas. They're less than 300 miles away and it's taken 4 days so far and nothing.

The tracking number says they're in town as of this morning, but our mailman Cliff (seriously!) ran right by our house today...

It's not that CanadaPost is inefficient, I wouldn't say that. Painfully inefficient is a much better

No comments: