Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I Was a High School Psychopath

Nabbed from Dreama, who nabbed it from another blog...

YOUR SENIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL

[What year was it?]
1991
[What were your three favorite bands?]
Genesis, Tom Cochrane & Red Rider, Beatles.
[What was your favorite outfit?]
my school jacket, some beach-style cotton t-shirt, and Levi's blue jeans.
[What was up with your hair?]
1991? It was a sweet mullet. My hair was about halfway down my back and about 2 inches long on top.
[Who were your best friends?]
Mike, Lee, & Dave. I haven't spoken to Mike and Lee since about 2001 (reunion).
[What did you do after school?]
cruising, McDonald's, weekends were for partying.
[Did you take the bus?]
My backyard was next to the school grounds, so... no. My sister insisted she had to drive to school though. That's what all the cool kids did.
[Who did you have a crush on?]
In 1991? It wasn't Tania anymore... Teresa maybe?
[Did you fight with your parents?]
Constantly. Dad & I were at each other and Mom was going through menopause...
[Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on?]
Either Kim Basinger or Vanna White (I have my reasons!!)
[Did you smoke cigarettes?]
Occasional cigar. Never got into cigarettes and have had maybe 2 dozen in my entire life.
[Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack all day because you were too nervous to find your locker?]
my locker was 'hangout central' for my friends. It was wide enough to hold a dartboard and we'd made a 'volleyball net' out of masking tape. Oh, and Dave fit nicely in it too.
[Did you have a 'clique'?]
Actually, there wasn't much of an 'in crowd' at our school as we'd all been involved in a major tragedy at school and bonded like family by senior year. Our high school had grades 8 through 12 in the one building, so were together all those years.
[Did you have "The Max" like Zach, Kelly, and Slater?]
We hung out a lot at the 'Daily Scoop' which was an ice cream bar. It shut down in 1992, but I still have an ice cream scoop I stole from 'em.
[Admit it, were you popular?]
not really. I got along with everyone and I hit a high at Halloween when I came as an accident victim. My favorite teacher thought I was actually injured.
[Who did you want to be just like?]
my idol
[What did you want to be when you grew up?]
an artist of some type
[Where did you think you'd be at the age you are now?]
Involved either in the entertainment industry or as a professional artist/animator. Haven't done either, of course.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

so what was the tragedy? Do tell...