Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Canadian Rose

Oh hello!

I'm not sure what made me think of it during the last post, but I'm suddenly inclined to share a post about the hottest Canadian women (you've probably never heard of).

Now, it could be done fairly easily --the part about no one hearing about them-- as I could grab a few from my high school yearbook and think of that woman in the mall the other day whose dress left basically nothing to theimagination (*sigh*)...

But, no, I'm actually taking 'celebrities,' people in the news, on the news, and making news. And they're hot.

1. Belinda Stronach

I mean, really, what more do I need to say? Here's a snippet from her website:
"She is a member of the Dean’s Council at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, and the Dean’s Advisory Council at the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto. In 2003, Belinda received an Honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the Michael G. DeGroote Schoolof Business, McMaster University.

In 2001, the National Post identified Belinda as the most powerful businesswoman in Canada; and, in the same year, the World Economic Forum named her a “Global Leader of Tomorrow.” In 2002, she was ranked #2 by Fortune magazine in its list of the world’s most powerful women in business, and named one of Canada’s “Top 40 Under 40,” an annual awards competition that honours the country’s top business innovators less than 40 years of age. In April 2004, Time Magazine ranked Belinda as one of the world’s 100 mostinfluential people. "

2. Kelley Law


No one in my office will forget the winter of 2002 when we had a TV set up to broadcast the Winter Olympics all day every day. That year, we were all introduced to curling champion Kelley Law --a local girl. During one lunch break, as about 2 dozen of us sat back and watched her rink compete against, oh I don't know, Norway(?), I thought out loud (as I had a tendency to do) "What could be better than a good looking woman on her knees screaming 'Hard! Hard!'?" No one will ever forgive me either...

3. Dagmar Midcap


Dagmar's on a reality series now, but beforehand she was a newscaster and reviewed new vehicles. I love that smile!!

4. Tamara Taggart


Yet another local newscaster/meterologist. Again, great smile and helps make the sunny days sunnier. She once did a spot for the summer fair known as the Pacific National Exhibition (or 'PNE' to the locals) and stood by a donkey. As she spoke, someone walked by and said 'Nice ass.' It's true too.

5. Fiona Forbes


(Fiona's in the middle, with Kevin Smith on the left and co-host Michael Eckford on the right). Fiona is a co-host of the Vancouver-made show 'Urban Rush' which, surprisingly, is listed on imdb.com. Fiona's the intelligent half of the party (and Kevin Smith in the picture should be known by all). On a side note, regular 'movie guy' on Urban Rush has bugged me for years because he looks like what Mike Myers would look like if he had stark white hair. For YEARS this bugged me. And it was only a few weeks ago I learned that the Movie Guy's name is... Paul Myers. Coincidence? I am such an idiot.

6. Myriam Bedard


Another Canadian Olympian, I first noticed her back in Barcelona (I think... crap! Can't remember where she won gold!!) and she had an amazing smile (there's that smile thing again!) as she listened to 'O Canada' at the medal ceremony. La belle fille!!

7. Susie Wall


The pictures are getting more difficult to find, but that's kind of the point. Obscure to the world, but I'm paying attention! Susie's the 'Glam Girl' in the Vancouver Province newspaper and I know already a date would never work between the two of us as I'd never be well-dressed enough... (what with the Hawaiian shirt in February and all)

8. Erin Cebula


On the left... ;-)

Erin is a former co-host of Urban Rush and now has her own show called 'In Your Shoes' where she does someone else's job for a day. She's smart, sexy and has a mouth on her that surprised the crap out of me the first time I heard it. It worked though...

So, 8 women you've probably never seen before, but I can't get enough of 'em.

Sigh.

No comments: