Sunday, February 27, 2005

Throw Away Your Television

It's Oscar night, so the TV viewing selection is easily made. I still don't believe it'll be over by 8:30pm, though. Three hours? Get serious!!

I'm sure there's people out there who could really care less about the Oscars (and I'm almost tempted as I haven't seen any of the Best Picture nominees), so I'm not sure what TV programmers for other stations were thinking.

Being the Devil's advocate, I'm guessing that they're spending the least amount of money on their Sunday night budget by showing either old reruns or really crappy movies.

Case in point: If I weren't to watch the Academy Awards tonight, I could watch a rerun of 'Extreme Makeover - Home Edition' which I've already seen twice. I could tune in a movie. My choices are: 'Collateral Damage,' 'Waterworld,' or 'Ghost Dad.' The frist 2 are running on several channels tonight.

I think production companies actually pay TV stations to run movies like that! Good lord, that's a crappy selection!!

So, Oscars it is!

1 comment:

Dreama said...

t'was a good snow, eh? I absolutely adored what Kate Winslet was wearing. Chris Rock was not as repulsive as I was expecting (I'm not much of a fan) and The Aviator didn't sweep, for which I am glad as there were other performances out there more deserving and for pete's sake, Leo CAN'T act well enough for an Oscar.