Friday, November 12, 2004

My Last Day

There's been this feeling for the past few weeks (weeks! Already!) that this is all just some big joke and I'm headed back into the office any day now.

But reality set in today when I received a letter from the vice president informing me of everything coming to me as I'm now officially gone.

I'm getting the first half of my overtime on Monday: 150 hours' worth. I'm also getting paid out for my vacation days which were less than expected, but since I'd just taken a promotion, I'm geeting those paid out at the higher rate. Cool, I guess.

My old boss had --conveniently-- lost the documentation for all my overtime, but "my momma din raise no foo" and I sent in copies which I'd kept 'just in case.' The rest is being paid out at the end of the month and all together totals almost $5000.

So, there's a sigh of relief.

The next big issue is trying to talk to people who have known me for years and suddenly I'm gone. I'm getting together with one friend tomorrow night and I'm sure he's got a million-plus questions, but at the same time, he's asked me to seel stuff for him on eBay and I get a 25% finder's fee for my trouble. No trouble at all.

So, there's money coming, but that doesn't mean I'm resting. My eBay stuff is going okay and I've put on more than 100 items in the past 2 weeks and I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon.

I do have a meeting on Monday afternooon to get back into work as an extra. There's still enough shows and movies being filmed around here that there's a chance for some good work. Maybe I can be some dead guy in an upcoming episode of Battlestar Galactica ;-) I've always wanted a job where I can just lie down for a while.

No comments: