Monday, November 22, 2004

My Away Time

My wife and I went away to a retreat for the weekend with 11 other couples from our church. Now, I know this sounds like the Hoser's playing Opposite Day or something when you look at the past year's worth of blog entries.

Why on Earth would I got to something like this?

Well, the truth is that I've had a lot of time lately to reflect on things and I admit that my family is important to me. And the stability of my family is even moreso. As I stated in My 101, I said that I was entering into a stage of life completely on faith. And I have done that.

I have no idea where life is taking me right now.

So, the time came to refresh and renew my relationship with my wife. It gave us an opportunity to understand where each person was coming from --and of course the recognition that I am not the same person I was 6 weeks ago.

So the relationship's on the mend. We are happy. We're a little pensive but still hopeful that something happens. And who knows, eh?

We were actually down in Washington state for the weekend and had a good hike on Saturday afternoon and even managed to cross something off My Life List.

More on that in another post. Or two.

But back to the faith thing. I've been home now for almost a month and nothing's happened for me work-wise yet. The eBay thing, as I've already said, is doing well and I initially thought it might be $1200 or so by Thanksgiving weekend (or a few days afterward). I was initially seeing the majority of my currently-ended (or ending) auctions coming to an amount of $600. I have 47 auctions ending in the next couple of days and the total so far is $571. I also have one other item which is just over $180 and ends Thanksgiving weekend.

Okay, I guess I better explain to 'Dreama' and any other Canadians reading this. Because I live so close to the U.S. border, we're inundated daily with American holidays and traditions. At the time, my father-in-law is American and we've always 'celebrated' American Thanksgiving as well as the Canadian one. While I should say that I don't get the day off or anything this year I do!!!!! ;-p

So, back to my story...

The auction at $180 I'm expecting to end around $300 (or 25% of the total for the eBay sales). I have a few more items to put on this week which will bring the total even higher. And maybe I won't stop until the first week of December.

So what else is happening? My wife has gotten extra shifts as an auxiliary worker in my old department. Both shift people are gone on medical leave until after Christmas and since I've been friends with the auxiliary supervisor for about 5 years --it was pretty easy to get those shifts for her. Of course, the difficult thing is that she has to walk by my office every shift.

So, not only that... she's been hired to do some retail work leading up to Christmas. And then, THEN, she gets a call from the place where she used to teach --for $30 an hour-- and she'll know by Friday just how much work she can expect from there.

So, Hairyhoser's an online 'entrepreneur' and now a househusband too.

Interesting.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

Good news about the couples retreat. Its funny how perspectives change sometimes and I bet the loss of employment certainly had that effect.

Good luck on the e-bay sales...I really gotta get my butt in gear for mine...can we say PROCRASTINATION?