Tuesday, November 16, 2004

My Faith

faith (fth) n.
  1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
  2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief. See Synonyms at trust.
  3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
  4. often Faith Christianity. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
When the job (from Hell!) was officially done, I said I was going on faith. And faith is not an easy thing to go on. Faith means trusting in more than yourself, but knowing that you are the one that needs to be motivated.

I have faith that there's something out there for me. But I'm impatient. I need to know something, anything now.

And I don't. I don't know anything. I've applied for other jobs, but haven't heard a thing. Just to hear something would help. Even a 'no thanks' counts at this point. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot. Maybe relying on the skills I've used at work isn't the way for me to go. I have other skills and they're skills I actualy like to use.

I can write. I can draw. I can paint. But can I survive that way? Can I find something called "work" where my real skills come into play?

GRAH!! I need something!!!!

No comments: