Tuesday, November 23, 2004

My Front 9

Another thing borrowed from a few blogs I've come across....

9 Layers

Layer 1:

Name: Big Hoser --obviously not my real name, but I still prefer keeping that private.
Birth date: July 1973
Birthplace: British Columbia, Canada
Current location: British Columbia, Canada
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Brownish with blonde.
Height: 5'7"
Righty or lefty: Lefty
Zodiac sign: Leo

Layer 2:

Your heritage: 8th generation Canadian, eh. Before that a mix of Irish, Scot & Welsh.
The shoes you wore today: My favorite semi-casual black ones
Your weakness: Addictive things
Your fears: Heights, snakes (thanks to a former friend in high school), not big on crowds either.
Your perfect pizza: Meat --and lots of it. Extra cheese is also good. Used to make my own at my old old old old old old old job in high school.
Goal you'd like to achieve: An actual career and not just a dream.

Layer 3:

Your most overused phrase on AIM: Is that the same as IM? 'Yo.'
Your first waking thoughts: Please let me sleep...
Your best physical feature: I think it's my eyes or my smile, but I've been told I have a nice butt too.
Your most missed memory: Probably some of the things I did in my teen years...

Layer 4:

Pepsi or Coke: Coke. Classic or Diet with Lime. I'm just polishing off the remnants of a 1 liter bottle I bought in Washington State over the weekend.
McDonald's or Burger King: McDonald's and not too often at that. Maybe a cheeseburger a month or so...
Single or group dates: Date?
Adidas or Nike:
I was about to say I haven't had a big name pair of shoes in many moons, but my running shoes (and I mean RUNNING) are actually $150 Adidas trainers that I got from one of My Kids for $60.
Lipton ice tea or Nestea:
Neither. I don't really like iced tea. Give me some lemonade instead, thanks.
Chocolate or vanilla: Doesn't matter.
Cappuccino or coffee: Coffee

Layer 5:

Smoke: When I was a teenager I gave it a try, but my best friend resorted to peer pressure to get me to smoke. Then he goes and falls in love with this girl who can't stand smokers and he always tried to hide it from her. He always looked like such a faker that I just couldn't be bothered to try it ever again.
Cuss: When frustrated --so 75% of the time.
Sing: In the car mainly --or at church. And I only sound good on about 'Day 5' of a cold.
Take a shower everyday: Yep. Used to be first thing in the morning,
but has been getting later and later as the days go by.
Do you think you've been in love: Um, Yes. Do 12 year olds write these things or what?
Want to go to college: Okay, maybe they're 13.
Liked high school:
Yes I did. Except for a few teachers and couple of 'friends' it was a memorable time.
Want to get married: Not again, so I'll stick with the first one, kid.
Believe in yourself: Somewhat, but have faith in God too and that's a big help.
Get motion sickness: Only in Imax theatres
Think you're attractive: Somewhat --but the ugly bug hits every once in a while too.
Think you're a health freak: Uh, no. Although my cholesterol is great, My triglycerides are right where they should be and I have less than a 1% chance of a heart attack in the next decade.
Get along with your parent(s): Yes, although they're a little offended that I don't follow their advice.
Like thunderstorms: Yes
Play an instrument: I've tried and can "kinda" play piano, guitar, drums, and Irish flute.

Layer 6:

In the past month...
Drank alcohol: Month? Try yesterday. A pint of beer while watching my football team lose the Grey Cup. Next year at home boys!!!
Smoked: No. Fumed? A little.
Done a drug: Does medicine count?
Made out: Yep. With my wife, but it still counts!!
Gone on a date: No
Gone to the mall?: Yes.
Eaten an entire box of Oreos?:
don't like Oreos so, no.
Eaten sushi: Not in about 4 months
Been on stage: No
Been dumped: No
Gone skating: No
Made homemade cookies: No...but now I wanna
Dyed your hair: No
Stolen anything: No, but I sure was accused of it!!

Layer 7:

ever...
Played a game that required removal of clothing: Yes
If so, was it mixed company: Yes --and, eww for even thinking of not being in mixed company!!
Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Yes. Once really badly in England and then several times over the past year (that job -From Hell!- was really destructive)
Been caught "doing something": If that means sex, then yes. If it means stealing something, then no.
Been called a tease: Yes.
Gotten beaten up: Not since Grade 5.
Shoplifted: Yes, about 20 years ago. And I never got caught.
Changed who you were to fit in: No. My latest change was to make myself look and feel younger.

Layer 8:

Age you hope to be married: I had hoped to be married by 25 and was by 23.
Numbers and names of children: 2 kids, aged 16 months-and-4-and-a-half years --and I'm not revealing their names either.
Describe your dream wedding:
Well, it would be like the one we had 8 years ago...
How do you want to die: Either during sex or with a number of other people --so either with a smile or kickin' ass and taking names....
Where you want to go to college: Kid, you're getting to me. I wanted to go to USC (that's Southern California, not South Carolina).
What do you want to be when you grow up: Still denying I am grown-up, so I don't know yet --although some type of writing is starting to look good!
What country would you most like to visit: Greece.

Layer 9:

Number of drugs taken illegally: Zero. I've only inhaled.
Number of people I could trust with my life: 6.
Number of CDs that I own: 200+. But hoping to knock it down to 50 or less before Christmas.
Number of piercings: None. Ever.
Number of tattoos: None, but thought of getting one at one point.
Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper?: Several. Maybe 3 dozen times?
Number of scars on my body: Five that I can easily recall. 2 on my right hand --one of those from a 'sissy test' and the other from a slip of the knife that nearly took the tip of my index finger right off (remind me later to write about "My Handyman Work"). One on my forehead from the nurse who recommended picking off the chickenpox scabs (what?!?) one on my right kneecap from kneeling on a loose carpet tack, and a 5-inch gash on my abdomen.
Number of things in my past that I regret: Only the occasional time it would've benefited me greatly to shut the Hell up. Like with my old boss (from Hell!) who took offense when I commented in an email "any idiot could find the file when it's the first one in the folder!" and I defended my comment by saying that he wouldn't've taken offense if he truly didn't feel like an idiot for not seeing the file. See? I could've shut up twice 3 days before I left work, eh?

No comments: