Monday, January 26, 2004

My Life Flashes Before My Eyes


Once you leave the parking lot from this office, there's a bit of a winding
driveway to go down to get to the roadway.  A lot of people tend to whip
around the corner, cutting it so close that I've seen people rub the curb on the
wrong side of the road.

It happened again today as I was just coming up the drive.

Even worse, I knew the offending driver and I've bugged her about it all day.

It reminds me of an incident a few years back when I was driving in my hometown
and a van started to pull out in front of me as I went to make a left
turn.  As I yanked on the wheel to straighten out again, my middle finger
was at the ready to signal my appreciation to the driver of the van.  My
finger started to rise and I looked closely at the right bastard of a driver to
see his expression at me driving beside him.

He was smiling and waving.  He was the church pastor.  Fortunately, my
finger didn't get too high above the door frame...

My life flashed before my eyes at the thought of a poor, starving student
ramming into me in the parking lot.

My life is boring.

No comments: