Wednesday, January 21, 2004

My Game of Cat and Mouse


See, I needed a break from Sex Caffeine.  SC wasn't annoying or anything
like that. It was just that I was starting to come to my senses and realized
that there was in no way ever going to be a healthy relationship between this
woman & I. 'Friends' doesn't cut it when there's been an obvious connection
between us on another level.

But after her big freakout in the spring that initiated this nickname, I've been
wary every time I speak to her or send an email. Our network here at work lets
you know if you're message has been received and opened, deleted and responded
to. I just looked back over my emails --being curious as to the last time I
tried sending a message to her and saw it was December 18th.  So, a pat on
the back to me for going over a month with an email sent to her.  

But then I noticed the red 'x' on the envelope. That means although the message
was received, she just deleted it without opening it.

Which stirs up all sorts of things for me again.  Did I do something wrong?
What was the message again? Is this why there haven't been any messages from her
in the past month? I start feeling guilty about the freak out again.  I
have remind myself that there was nothing wrong with the email.  It was the
picture of the cats with the Chihuahua 'spy' that I thought she'd like.

Innocent email. Waste of time, but still innocent.

So, instead of feeling the least bit concerned over the guilt that would have
permeated over me the last 6-8 months, I'm looking at this as yet another
opportunity to distance myself (at least until this summer) from my past
problems and move on. She's the cat and this mouse is running away.


No comments: