Saturday, June 25, 2005

Tools

I guess I can't actually say I've wasted all my time this week. I power washed our driveway and concrete that loops around the house. In all, it took close to 6 hours to get it done.

I borrowed my father-in-law's pressure washer to do it. The one I "inherited" shoots out a stream less than the circumference of a dime. Washing a driveway that's close to 40 feet wide at it's widest and over 30 feet long. And that doesn't include the 30' x 15' slab at the side of the house I'm assuming was meant to park an RV, but now is home to our kids' toys. AND there's more concrete around back...

Needless to say, neither my wife nor my father-in-law could figure out why it was taking me so long to finish up. My "FIL" finished his driveway in an hour. But he's only got a 20'x20' slab to do.

It's done now, so now I only have to listen to my wife ask what I did with my day yesterday...

2 comments:

Madley said...

Does that mean there was something wrong with the power washer ("circumference of a dime") or there are different size power washers?

How much do those things cost anyway? I never new they existed still I saw some HGTV makeover show... maybe I'll get one and mow over my whole apartment!

Big Hoser said...

The nozzles come in different sizes and are usually adjustable. This is an older one and the nozzle's broken and it's stuck at the teeniest setting.

Dammit.

My father-in-law spent $200 on his new one.