Wednesday, June 23, 2004

My Revenge


My boss sent an email this morning asking if we can make it work to keep the office open longer hours over the summer.  Not exactly what I'd hoped to see, but he also asked me if I'd be willing to take a few days off in lieu of all my overtime hours.  It turns out payroll corrected my OT claims for my holiday phone calls from DQ.  I thought it was a straight 4 hour OT claim for every phone call for a day off and that's only true for the first day off.  The other calls double after the first day off in a series of vacation days.  In other words, instead of 16 hours that I claimed, it's actually 32 hours --or almost another entire week. But how are we supposed to manage the office if there's so few of us around and more hours than originally planned?

DQ will be working those extra hours.

So, I'm off for almost the entire summer now. I'll be working July 8,9,12,13, & 14 and August 23rd on.

DQ will be working the night shift. Revenge is sweet.

No comments: