Tuesday, June 08, 2004

My Burn


I mentioned SC and I sipping Diet Coke and enjoying a great Friday afternoon in the grass.  Well, seems we both got our share of sunburn too.  Yowch.

Have a big 2-day event here at work this week and it really takes over every aspect of the job for the entire week (and a bit into next week too).  One guy was responsible for "The Plan" and instead of having it ready when everyone else is ready to start on Monday morning, we sit (literally) for 2 hours while he finalizes the plan --and then still expects us to be here for an extra 2 hours because he's put us behind schedule.  I'm there.  My Kids (those that are still around anyway) are there.  And we're all pissed.  I'm even more so, 'cuz I have to buy lunch to keep them all happy.  Nice.  Actually, it worked out pretty well because I fed pizza to 10 people for just over $40.  And they all still like me best.

One of the background guys is leaving next week too and he's going to be missed.  He's sacrificed a lot of his time over the past few years and an opportunity landed in his lap to work at a superb private school and he jumped at the chance.  they're very lucky and they'll know it before July rolls around.

I should've left work around Noon yesterday because I'm owed so much extra time for breaks, but it didn't happen.  I'd planned on skipping out about an hour early today too, but my co-worker has called in sick, so I'm here to the bitter end.  Again. 

Urgh.  Me burn.

No comments: