Friday, June 04, 2004

My Blankety-Blank


I feel compelled to write, but have nothing (NO-thing!) to write about.

I guess I could mention the usual office crap this week.  Drama Queen (DQ) pissed off my new co-worker and I this week.  I've been asked by the senior admin people to re-do my job description.  The job's now 3 years old and has never been finalized or (really) approved.  So, it's high time it was taken care of.

The process works like this.  Since I'm the person in the job, I sit down and write out what I think the major points of this job are.  I don't say things like "At 9 am, I do this and at 10 am I do this."  Nope.  I put down things like handling departmental information via noticeboards, telephone messaging and the internet.  Simple.  What it
could mean (I figure about a 5% chance) is that I could get a raise in pay in the very near future and I'm not talking the usual 2% raise I get every 3 years, no-no.  This could be more in the line of 25-35% more starting in September.  I can handle that, I really could.

But then DQ sticks her nose into it and asks the VP's assistant if it's "right" for me to re-write my job description without consulting my boss.  No, but the process has my boss go over my job description before senior admin goes over the review and evaluation.  But by telling the assistant the way she did, the VP is now telling my boss to write it instead of
me.

'cuz who really knows my job better?  Me, or the guy I've seen for 2 hours since the middle of May?

DQ go a long, long earful from me for blabbing like that and she's going to quickly learn the repercussions of talking too much.  Especially when you're contract's up for renewal.

The Hoser's volunteered to be on the committee to review her job and decide whether or not it's a necessary position.

don't get me wrong.  It's a vital position and there's quite the proven need.  Unfortunately, the wrong person's in the job at the moment.  And now I've made it my responsibility to see that the job is filled with the right person.

It's not my responsibility alone, though.  No-no.  My boss, who for some strange reason really likes DQ, is on the committee as is the VP's assistant.  And there are a few others expressing interest as well.

Sex Caffeine is one.  And the lady I mentioned in the original 'Sex Caffeine' entry (the one who referred to convertibles as 'topless') has expressed interest as well.  Why?  Because DQ started blabbing about how rude she was regarding a project that wasn't interesting or relevant to anyone BUT DQ.  It wasn't rude.  It was honest.  DQ spent days afterward complaining to anyone who would listen about how rudely she was treated and how ignorant this woman was.  She's not ignorant and she's
really looking forward to assisting in the review committee (at my insistence of course).

Ah, the evil that Hosers do, eh?

2 comments:

Dreama said...

I'm noticing a theme here...all of your recent entries begin with "My..." I guess it is your year! :-)

Big Hoser said...

Uh. you JUST noticed? There are 171 entries in this blog and every single one starts with "MY"

Go back and check!