Thursday, June 17, 2004

My Pod Buddy


My new co-worker may or may not be from Hell.  Every once in a while he'll do something that I look at and think (what the???), but then he'll do something that is, well, just like me.

Spooky.

Monday was "thong alert" day (apparently --although I started it...) as I pointed out the girl wearing baby blue pants and a navy blue thong that stuck out the back of her pants.  she was with a group of other girls (most of whom were wearing hip hugger jeans) and when I pointed out the group (and the thong) he asked me, "how many thongs did you see? quot;  I lost count at one.

Tuesday was "piss on Drama Queen" day.  He'd worked with my wife a few years back (small world after all) and commented that his old department would be looking for help within the year (communication is bliss, ain't it?) and that the boss there really likes her.  Fine.  I'll pass it along.  With the "bad news" DQ got last week, she's now looking for work elsewhere.  She asked outright, "does he like me?"

No.

Of course, he probably doesn't even know who she is --but that doesn't matter.  We've both made sure she isn't liked by anyone we like.

Wednesday was a continuation of the theme.  As DQ was working on some budgetary items (which she'll screw up) and adding up numbers (see?), she started getting distracted by some noise down the hallway.  Hammering.  It was bugging her endlessly and she walked down the hallway to find the maintenance guys hammering out a pole that had bent a bit in the middle (we have no idea why it bent or why it needed to be straight --but then again, who really cares either way!).  She snapped at them and told them to stop (which they did after a boisterous 30 minute hammering job) and stormed back into her office.  So guess who had the idea to start hammering on the wall just outside her office?

He headed into the hallway and started hammering on the wall.  He'd hammer until he heard her chair shift and then he'd run and hide around the corner.  Once he heard her go back to the office, the hammering would start over.  Brilliant.

Seriously, we're becoming like 2 peas in a pod.  How's she going to survive the summer?

No comments: