Thursday, June 24, 2004

My Computer Goes "Plooey"


I'm assuming that despite constant updates of my NAV (Norton Anti-Virus, but you knew that, yes?) I'm assuming that I've been attacked something fierce by the KORGO worm --in one of its numerous incarnations.  My NAV for whatever reason won't do live-updates as it says it can't find an internet connection, even when I'm in the midst of downloading something or checking my email.  It has no idea what to do and subsequent reinstalls have done nothing to help.  I know I got the Startpage.E trojan earlier in the spring (actually probably 6 weeks or so than the first reported instance on Symantec's site) which screwed up 2 browsers: Avant and IE.  Can't use either anymore and the NAV virus removal tool didn't help get rid of everything.  Ugh.

Have to try again and now I've printed everything out at work. More work for the Hoser tonight.

At least I have an excuse why there's no new eBay auctions today..  1 thing currently selling and I was hoping to get $40US for it.  It's at $42 right now with 58 hours to go.  Sweet.  It is all about the resarch.  Why spend an hour getting stuff to sell for a buck when you can spend an hour finding stuff to sell for over $40?

No comments: