Tuesday, June 01, 2004

My Inner-Jerk


So, I've already said I didn't get the other job --and of course, after talking to other people and how they fared during the interview I actually started thinking I may have it.

I had heard earlier who all was being interviewed and one person in particular stood out from the crowd, but not because of the job qualifications or experience.  Not to sound like a jerk #1:  She has some experience in similar office work, but not the type I
thought they were looking for.

What made her stand out from the crowd was a recent tragic event in her life.  Despite being on a few dates with a guy well-known around these offices, she suddenly, apparently, started seeing an ex-boyfriend of hers just in time for him to... (not to sound like a jerk #2:) die in a motorcycle accident.

And that's when my inner-jerk came to life.  Again.

"Oh" I thought to myself, "How convenient when this job opens up.  She's going to get it."  I'm fighting every urge my body, heart, and mind are screaming that this place would actually give someone a job out of sympathy but it's also so blatantly ridiculous (& this hoser's been around the block enough times) that it could very well be true.

She got the job.

And now I'm struggling with my inner-jerk to make sure he stays there.  No good can come from the 'outer-jerk.'

No comments: