Monday, June 14, 2004

My Change of Plans


What's that saying?  "All Good Things..."?

Well after I've been struggling with Drama Queen for months on end, she was given some bad news by the boss last week.  DQ will be gone by September --replaced either by me or someone who can actually do the job.  I know of 3 candidates already lined up for the job and I'm excited about all three. 
The boss, apparently, pulled DQ aside on Wednesday and told her that she obviously didn't have the necessary skills to do the job --something I've been trying to relay since, oh, she started.  Of course hearing the news from my boss about her lacking the job skills meant I had to use tact in my "shocked" response.

Hence:



No, really.  I mean, what gave it away?  The fact that whenever something went wrong it was never her fault?  Was it her special ability to misspell words like SPORT and POLICY?  Or was it the attitude she displayed to anyone coming into the office, that they obviously needed a quick lesson in how to actually do their own damn job? Was it her computer skills?  The inability to understand the benefits of COPY/PASTE?  Maybe it was the way she'd panic if a blade of grass was out of place, or a cloud was in the sky (I actually used these terms to describe her to another department and all they did was AGREE). Could it be the way any important information she had would be communicated to one person in the office instead of ALL OF US and how somehow it was never the same person receiving the information? Was it her ability to read everyone's emails and peek through envelopes? Was it the way she had an answer (usually the wrong answer too) for any question directed to anyone but her?  Maybe the manner in which she'd divulge any confidential material for anyone who'd listen.  Or the way she'd deflect answers to obvious questions and questions directed to her. 
Or was it her amazing approach to call anyone away from the office (usually on vacation) to ask, as I lovingly put it, 'stupid shit' questions that wouldn't be followed up until we'd come back to the office after our holiday (I claimed over 40 hours of overtime because of this)? Or maybe it was the way she'd get "all the facts" by hearing one thing and "somehow" blowing it way out of proportion?

My God, have I really put up with this person since last Summer?

I never thought I'd be able to count the weeks, but it looks like it's actually happening.  I'll be damned, the sun is shining again.

No comments: