Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The One About Blueberry Sandwiches

My wife picked up some buns at Superstore. If I haven't said it before, here it is again: I hate Superstore.

Yeah, there's a big selection, but their produce is usually old and wilting and --much to my dismay-- the bakery doesn't seem to clean their pans between recipes.

Now, I like myself a good sandwich. Get some cheese and mayo in there. Load it up with several types of meat. Luncheon meat, turkey breast, lyoner sausage. Heck, even bologna is good in a 'sammidge' like that!

But to taste blueberries... Eeeeuuuccchhhh!!

See, the buns were baked on the same pan as, I don't know: blueberry muffins. It was disgusting. There's only two ways to eat blueberries in this Hoser's world: fresh or frozen. Baked is gross. Baked in a meat sandwich... *cringe* After spitting out the blueberry chunk, I looked at the bun and saw there were a couple blueberries stuck to the bottom.

So, I checked the bag and, sure enough, a couple other buns had blueberries in 'em too. So, I took them back. They wanted to give me more buns, but I asked for my money back instead. I'll get my buns elsewhere --without blueberries!!

[kind of reminded me of a breakfast at one restaurant. I opted for a simple cinnamon bun and they 'heated' it on the grill with the eggs & everything. When I got it, all I could taste was salt. I haven't had a cinnamon bun since.]

2 comments:

Madley said...

Dear god, you make me want a "sammidge "RIGHT NOW! (less the blueberries, of course, unless it somehow tastes like the cranberry sauce in turkey sandwich...)

Yummmmmmmmm.......

Dreama said...

Well, you must have a really crappy Superstore in your neighborhood. I've shopped in them for years, all over the country, and found the bread to be so fresh, that it is often warm and the bag is steamy. The produce has always been exceptional there too.

Now go eat your blueberry sammich...