Saturday, January 06, 2007

The One With All The Sudoku

I mentioned I received a lot of Sudoku products for Christmas. Serves me right for sitting down and doing at least one Sudoku puzzle a day (a trend I started in school in order to keep my brian functioning).

I received a Sudoku bookmark, a Sudoku puzzle book (with over 1300 puzzles inside!) and a Page-A-Day Sudoku calendar for my daily Sudoku fun!

The calendar is interesting as it gives a space to write in the time it takes me to finish each puzzle.

Well!

Having two young children means that even the easiest of puzzles takes a little longer than forever. So, what I've done is written in the time I start, then when I stop for an interruption, then when I continue, etc. My latest puzzle (a 'hard' one) has 4 times written down. In all, it took me 25 minutes to do the hard one (don't think that's a good time anyway), but the reality is it took me from 10:50am - 1:05pm to do it. So, no wonder I write in the actual time I spent working on the puzzle.

Well, I still have 1500 puzzles to keep me occupied.... that's if I don't do the ones in our daily papers.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

My sister is a soduku enthusiast, but for decades previous to this, and now in addition to, she is a long standing fill-ins puzzler. I sent her an entire year's subscription (back issues) one year for Christmas and it was the best gift she got (in her mind, heh heh). Happy puzzling...you'll find the time, she does! She works part-time as a paramedic, and has three boys, 2, 4, and 6.