Monday, January 01, 2007

The One with all the DVDs

I think I mentioned before that I went out finally for my post-Christmas shopping --even though I only made the trip to a few shops before I was tired (the illness from Christmas and all that jazz).

DVDs were majorly on sale in most stores so needless to say, I went a little crazy with my purchases.

I picked up the Daredevil director's cut DVD for $5, although it turns out to be nothing new as I guess when I watched it before it was the director's edition already. Oh well. I got 'Big Fish' for $4. I'm a big fan of Tim Burton (& musician Danny Elfman), so this was a bargain. I also picked up Tim Burton's 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' for $7. I've never had 'X-Men' before and for $5 it was added to the collection. Same with 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon,' '2010,' and 'Hulk.' I had a classmate at school who insisted that Hulk was really good if you watched it as a psychological thriller instead of a super-hero action movie (which, in my opinion, it failed miserably to be). I didn't work as a psycho/thriller either. Still for $5 I can't complain too much (but I doubt I'll watch it again ;) ).

What else? Oh! Another store had some TV series on sale, but most were around the $40+ range and I didn't dare spend that much. They did, however, have both seasons of 'Dead Like Me' on sale for $19.99 (for both!) and that was a definite picker-upper. I really enjoyed that series (haven't seen every episode yet, though) and it was filmed locally. In fact, in the opening sequence, they have a shot of Vancouver and one of the buildings in the background is where I"m hoping to get a job within the next few weeks :) ).

So, plenty of DVDs to watch over the next few weeks. I should also mention there was a coupon for $5 admission to see 'Happy Feet', so we took the family to see it on Saturday. Despite the rebate coupon for the soundtrack expiring in 2005, the Happy Feet coupon expired yesterday. So, saved $5 on one movie and spent $5 for get the coupon :)

2 comments:

Madley said...

Hey good to hear you finally got Daredevil!

Speaking of the devil, my sister-in-law bought me The Devil Wears Prada because she loved it.

Even though my former boss, David Frankel, directed it and I love Meryl Streep, my family usually knows -- DON'T BUY ME MOVIES. I WORK IN THE BIZ, I AM DAMN PICKY.

You got some great deals there... Happy New Year!

Dreama said...

I was also dvd shopping today too...picked up a Great Big Sea combo CD/DVD pack, and a cheech and Chong combo of Up in Smoke, and Still Smokin'. I saw Up in Smoke this decade, but haven't seen the other in about 25 years...should be good for a few laughs! My two purchases cost me about $52 I think.

And I still want more!!!