Friday, May 14, 2004

My Way Too Vivid Dream


When I'm sick and on a lot of drugs to help keep my temperature down (didn't
work really --I almost threw my pillow out last night because of the smell of my
sweat --icky!!) I've always had vivid dreams.  And yesterday morning was no
exception.

After spending an hour so listening to the other 3 people in the house stomp,
crash, yell, scream, cry, and anything else they could do to keep me from
sleeping, I packed up my blanket, pillow and housecoat and headed for the
bedroom (I was still on the couch in the basement at this point) where I laid
the blanket down, and folded it lengthwise in half so I could sweat on it
instead of the rest of the bed.  I put my pillow down and collapsed onto
the bed.  I closed my eyes and felt my body drift away completely into
exhaustion.

And then she said hello.

Lying next to me, staring into my face, was Sex Caffeine.

What we talked about and for how long --I have no idea.  No clue.  But
talk we did and there was nothing funny or sad or anything that brought up any
type of emotion.  It was just a talk.  I could almost say there was
nothing physical about it, except I remember reaching out and touching her side
at one point.  I noticed then and only then she was wearing black.  We
continued to talk for what seemed like quite a while before I told her I needed
to go to sleep.

And when next I woke, it was time for supper.

2 comments:

Dreama said...

you have changed your format...but the word wrap seems a little messed up...love that we have comments now though.

yeah, weird dream. um...it must be the fever talking.

Big Hoser said...

Yeah, formatting needs work. And I always have weird dreams when I'm sick. I also get kind of emotional, but didn't feel like writing about me crying. Too many other people crying at home...